RISE-UP Project Manager
401 Tech Bridge is seeking a Project Manager with experience working in federally funded entrepreneurial-based programs which engage university faculty and students. This position will manage the RISE-UP program which is focused on University of Rhode Island entrepreneurial programs and partnered with the University of Alaska and the University of Hawaii to address the need for dual-use solutions in the Department of Defense and Blue Economy ecosystems.
The RISE-UP initiative leverages complementary technical expertise among partner universities to address similar economic challenges and builds a diversified, sustainable, and resilient economy and a workforce for industries of the future. The program focuses on experiential education and cross-disciplinary training in innovation and entrepreneurship by leveraging proven programs like H4X, Patents2Products, and Ideation Studio, as well as developing Faculty Fellows programs at participating universities.
- A proven track record of success managing people and partners to deliver services that support the technology startup ecosystem.
- Sound judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Able to work effectively in a team-dependent environment and is self-reliant, results-oriented, energetic, flexible, and proactive.
- Guides and facilitates faculty and staff in the execution of entrepreneurial-based programs to ensure outcomes are consistent with the Department of Defense funding.
- Directs and oversees the planning, design, implementation, and support of entrepreneurial-based programming, and processes needed to identify and manage the associated outcomes
- Assist in coordinating and managing all aspects of on and off-site events, including preparation of event materials, venue set-up, on-site coordination and oversight, and other logistical support
- Coordinates activities between the University of Rhode Island, University of Hawaii, and University of Alaska including Hacking for Defense themes and outcomes.
- Preparing and coordinating marketing collateral related to RISE-UP, including but not limited to flyers, posters, larger displays, newspaper advertisements, electronic and email announcements, and printed event programs
- Coordinates reporting and documentation related to program proposal and funding records and prepares scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses as needed.
- Participates and/or assists in special projects, and performs associated administrative duties, as assigned; may provide functional direction to lower-level technicians on assigned work.
- Collaborate with small manufacturers and technology subject matter experts to execute support for entrepreneurial teams with project requirements and specifications.
- Oversight of university project teams consisting of faculty and students who are delivering assessments and implementation programs to small manufacturers.
- Manage outreach programs which will include marketing and events.
- Manage and execute documentation of results into reports and client deliverables in text format with relevant charts and tables to visualize findings.
- Monitor emerging technology and market trends to inform entrepreneurial teams.
- Manage projects including budget and both internal and external resources.
- Complete project impact statements, case studies, and customer follow-up, as necessary
- Establish long-term relationships with academic and industry senior personnel through periodic engagement in strategic planning and continuous improvement projects, as well as providing updates on progress.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Desired Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree or related experience in engineering or business, or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of actual business, manufacturing, engineering, or operations management experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing operations management with an understanding of the financial and operating issues of small businesses and manufacturers.
- Knowledge of Department of Defense programs related to DOD supply chain and technology acceleration.
- Knowledge of entrepreneurial programs and methodologies. Experience in a startup environment is a plus.
- Project management skills including coordination, team development, scheduling, budgeting, and tracking results. Ability to be proactive in anticipating problems, solving problems, and developing contingencies.
- Proven ability to build trust and maintain effective working relationships with clients.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft productivity tools and Salesforce recommended.
- Previous consulting experience is strongly preferred.
Interested candidates should direct their resume and a letter of interest to Allie Geilich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
401 Tech Bridge follows safe COVID practices and is an equal-opportunity employer.
401 Tech Bridge recognizes that the industry needs to be strengthened by contributions from a broad range of perspectives. The URI Research Foundation is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and seeks to serve as a representative inspiration for the next generations. As such, we particularly welcome candidates from groups that are underrepresented, marginalized, and/or excluded in manufacturing who will support the mission of 401 Tech Bridge to expose manufacturing to different perspectives. Candidates will demonstrate a commitment to inclusivity and will enhance a sense of belonging and success.
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Every employee is expected to carry out and support these policies.