401 Tech Bridge serves as a super-connector for innovative companies that are developing cutting-edge advanced materials and technologies. We speed the process of finding commercial and defense applications for technologies, enabling business growth. We are a non-profit entity and business unit of the University of Rhode Island Research Foundation.
Position Description: Program Manager
Reports To: 401 Tech Bridge Manager
401 Tech Bridge is a start-up organization that is growing rapidly. Our team of 6 is looking to add a program manager to our ranks. This person will take responsibility for the development and execution of a portfolio of grant-funded projects and programs. In this role, you will serve as a liaison between staff, clients, and key stakeholders while being responsible for ensuring that all aspects of your programs are completed on time, within budget, in compliance with grant guidelines, and with positive outcomes.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of successfully managing programs with multiple stakeholders and juggling multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be enthusiastic, organized, possess sound judgment, and have creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution. The ideal candidate works effectively in a collaborative environment, but is self-reliant, results oriented, energetic, flexible, and proactive.
- Collaborate with staff and stakeholders in government, defense, technology, manufacturing, and academia to develop and execute initiatives to meet program goals
- Establish benchmarks and execute action plans to ensure achievement of program goals
- Organize and run workshops, webinars, and events to create awareness of programs, funding opportunities, and/or tech trends
- Organize and lead meetings with partner organizations, stakeholders, and government officials
- Work with clients and other participants to ensure successful client outcomes
- Create grant reports, project impact statements, and case studies
- Follow up with clients to measure results and satisfaction of services delivered
- Participate in the development of new processes, programs, and services
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years of program management experience, preferably with experience in economic development, technology, advanced manufacturing, or academia
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship, innovation, manufacturing, or disruptive technology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience leading projects, managing to a budget, and tracking results
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft productivity tools
Compensation for this position includes competitive pay based on qualifications and experience and a top-rated benefits package with health, dental, retirement, and paid time off. The URI Research Foundation follows safe COVID-19 practices and is an equal opportunity employer.
The URI Research Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment built on respect for all. We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to the fulfillment of this principle by employing individuals based upon job-related criteria including education, experience, and skills.
Each employee is expected to support and carry out this policy fully in all their relations with present and prospective employees and in any dealings, they may have with others as a representative of The URI Research Foundation. In fulfilling our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse environment, The URI Research Foundation and its business units will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.