401 Tech Bridge serves as a super-connector for innovative companies that are developing cutting-edge advanced materials and technologies. We speed the process of finding commercial and defense applications for technologies, enabling business growth. We are a non-profit entity and business unit of the University of Rhode Island Research Foundation.
Position Description: Program & Partnerships Manager
Reports To: 401 Tech Bridge Manager
401 Tech Bridge is a start-up organization that is growing rapidly. Our team of six is looking to add a program & partnerships manager to our ranks. This person will take responsibility for the development and execution of a portfolio of grant-funded projects and programs that support and advance innovation growth in the advanced materials and technologies sector regionally. In this role, we are seeking an energized individual to serve as a proactive leader who interfaces with staff, clients, and key stakeholders while being responsible for ensuring programming has positive outcomes and is executed on time, within budget, and in compliance with grant guidelines.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of creating and executing programs with multiple stakeholders and juggling multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment with a passion for innovation, community building, and entrepreneurship. The candidate must be enthusiastic about our mission, organized, possess sound judgment, and have creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship building expertise. The ideal candidate is a highly organized self-starter who has strong verbal and written communication skills, works effectively in a collaborative environment, and is self-reliant, results-oriented, flexible, and proactive.
- Collaborate on the creation and execution of programs that help companies connect to tools and resources to support their research & development goals
- Establish and nurture relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders to promote and implement the mission of 401 Tech Bridge.
- Organize and run workshops, webinars, and events to create awareness of programs, funding opportunities, and/or tech trends.
- Establish benchmarks and execute action plans to ensure achievement of program goals.
- Organize and lead meetings with partner organizations, stakeholders, and government officials across a complex ecosystem.
- Work with clients and other participants to ensure successful client outcomes.
- Create grant reports, project impact statements, and case studies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of program management or public programming experience, preferably with experience in economic development, STEM, higher education, or related fields
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship, innovation, manufacturing, or disruptive technology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience leading projects, managing to a budget, and tracking results.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft productivity tools.
Compensation for this position includes competitive pay based on qualifications and experience and a top-rated benefits package with health, dental, retirement, and paid time off. The URI Research Foundation follows safe COVID-19 practices and is an equal opportunity employer.
The URI Research Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment built on respect for all. We are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers. No persons will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to the fulfillment of this principle by employing individuals based upon job-related criteria including education, experience, and skills.
Each employee is expected to support and carry out this policy fully in all their relations with present and prospective employees and in any dealings, they may have with others as a representative of The URI Research Foundation. In fulfilling our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse environment, The URI Research Foundation and its business units will not tolerate discrimination of any kind.